Sunday, November 13, 2011

What to Expect from AP Lit.

In all honesty, I have never enjoyed an English class until last year. My teacher last year helped to open my mind to reading any form of literature out there. After finishing her class with such a great final exam grade (and not too shabby year grade), I knew I could handle any English class. Therefore, I took a shot at taking AP Lit. Even though she's not teaching it this year, I still feel like I will be well prepared for the test. I'm also really enjoying the class. Mostly, I listen to what my classmates say about a work until I can take one of their thoughts a little further, but I am quickly beginning to think of my own interpretations. What I hope to get out of this class this year is not a 5 on the AP test.  There are only three wishes (haha) I have for the end of the year. 1) I want to be able to open my mind up further to contemplating different views and different possible meanings hidden in the novels or poems. 2) I want to enjoy reading for a class  instead of being forced to read "cliched" novels that many schools read as a part of their curriculum. (I'm not saying that none of them are a good read, because I enjoyed a lot of them. I just like to have a choice). 3) I want to be able to write a great essay and not hate writing it. That last goal is going to be hard to reach, but it doesn't mean I can't try. So far, 1 and 2 are going really well. I can't wait to see how the rest of the year in AP Lit is going to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment